Monday 26 May 2014

Always trust the crazy ones ~

“Did he do it to you too?”
“Once, in a different body.”
“What happened?” I could hear his clothes shuffle as he walked up to the bars of his door. I also stepped up to the bars and glanced out across the hall. He was standing at the window side on, as if he was leaning on his shoulder with his head turned towards me. The twisted mane of his black hair had been combed back, revealing his thick strong eyebrows and sharp gaze underneath.
I licked my lips. It wasn’t fear that flooded me it was something else, like a type of cautious curiosity. When he failed to answer I asked instead, “How long have you been locked up?”
“A long time.”  He dropped his gaze and turned away, humming again underneath his breath. I swallowed out of nervous habit and felt my fingers tighten around the bars.
“I’m going to get out of here.”
“And how do you plan on doing that?”
I gulped again. “I’ll figure out something.”

“You know,” He started with a wispy laugh, “one day you’re going to get desperate enough to ask me for help.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment